Finally! It's Over
Finally! It's Over
Last Monday, things got heated when we (the management team) decided to let someone go. Our actions were done as recommended by our company’s legal source. I prepared myself mentally for this. It was going to be my first time to let a non-Filipino go. Reason? His working visa was just taking too long to work on.
Our discussion with the agent turned sour when he refused to listen to our explanation, and that we were actually protecting his best interest rather than be selfish and drop him like a hot potato. We gave him until Tuesday to think about it. Sadly, the management team was left with no choice, but to severe our ties with him.
Somehow, I felt so terrible because it looked like we just going to leave him alone. Truth is, I know what its like to be betrayed by those whom you expect to defend you in your roughest time. Its amazing that it will always be the people you least expect who’d help to see you through.
Going back, Tuesday evening was possibly one of the most horrible day of this week. Just when we were about to deliver the final blow, the lawyer makes a major U-turn and declares that he will work until the agent’s visa problem is solved. We were completely caught off-guard by his move and I literally wore a stoic face on the turn of events. Somehow, I’m glad that things were over, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. You can never trust some lawyers. EVER!
********************
Below are a couple of random SMS that I’ve received from friends. These fun texts kept up my jovial persona throughout the week.
A new saying: “Aanhin mo ang guapo, kung mas malandi pa sa iyo.”
Here’s another: “Aanhin pa ang condom, kung pareho naman kayong bottom.”
Here’s a bastardised Filipino nursery rhyme Pen Pen de sarapen:
Pen pen de chorvaloo
De kemerloo de eklavoo
Hao hao de chenelyn
Big uten.
Sifit dapat iipit
Goldness filak
Chumochorva sa tabi ng tienes!
Shoyang fula
Talong na fula
Shoyang fute
Talong na mafute
Chuk chak tienes namo ek ek
********************
Music: What I Did For Love
Artist: Marcia Hines
********************
Just when I thought things were about to end for the week, a new challenge came up. One of my people is resigning. It shouldn’t be an issue, but doing a backfill and the having them go through the conversion process would simply be terrible and daunting.
Last Monday, things got heated when we (the management team) decided to let someone go. Our actions were done as recommended by our company’s legal source. I prepared myself mentally for this. It was going to be my first time to let a non-Filipino go. Reason? His working visa was just taking too long to work on.
Our discussion with the agent turned sour when he refused to listen to our explanation, and that we were actually protecting his best interest rather than be selfish and drop him like a hot potato. We gave him until Tuesday to think about it. Sadly, the management team was left with no choice, but to severe our ties with him.
Somehow, I felt so terrible because it looked like we just going to leave him alone. Truth is, I know what its like to be betrayed by those whom you expect to defend you in your roughest time. Its amazing that it will always be the people you least expect who’d help to see you through.
Going back, Tuesday evening was possibly one of the most horrible day of this week. Just when we were about to deliver the final blow, the lawyer makes a major U-turn and declares that he will work until the agent’s visa problem is solved. We were completely caught off-guard by his move and I literally wore a stoic face on the turn of events. Somehow, I’m glad that things were over, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. You can never trust some lawyers. EVER!
********************
Below are a couple of random SMS that I’ve received from friends. These fun texts kept up my jovial persona throughout the week.
A new saying: “Aanhin mo ang guapo, kung mas malandi pa sa iyo.”
Here’s another: “Aanhin pa ang condom, kung pareho naman kayong bottom.”
Here’s a bastardised Filipino nursery rhyme Pen Pen de sarapen:
Pen pen de chorvaloo
De kemerloo de eklavoo
Hao hao de chenelyn
Big uten.
Sifit dapat iipit
Goldness filak
Chumochorva sa tabi ng tienes!
Shoyang fula
Talong na fula
Shoyang fute
Talong na mafute
Chuk chak tienes namo ek ek
********************
Music: What I Did For Love
Artist: Marcia Hines
********************
Just when I thought things were about to end for the week, a new challenge came up. One of my people is resigning. It shouldn’t be an issue, but doing a backfill and the having them go through the conversion process would simply be terrible and daunting.


» Post a Comment