<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6536277?origin\x3dhttp://orange7624.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

An Enchanting Weekend

We had our team outing over the weekend and I must say that it was quite enchanting.

We spent the whole day at Enchanted Kingdom at Santa Rosa, Laguna. You see, EK has been open for more than a decade, and how ironic that last Saturday was the first time I've set foot in the theme park.

It was of much a smaller scale compared to Knott's Berry Farm, Magic Mountain, Universal Studios and Disneyland. Yet, it was here in the Philippines, and I'm proud to say that it was a very pleasant experience.

***** ***** ***** *****

The weather was insanely hot and it got worse as the day carried on. I'm so happy that Meng and Benneth joined me. First off, we rode the Bump cars. It was quite exhuasting and felt like a bad case of massage. We moved on to the mini-rollercoaster which was an excellent preparation to the more challenging rides.

Next was the Anchor's Away. I L O V E D I T! The thrill of having to swing back and forth at obscenely steep angles felt like you were going to be thrown off.

From there we had lunch and caught up on life's untold stories and all that usual bonding time.

A sudden twist of fate took place when the rain poured like there's no tomorrow. It was a welcome treat since the rain made the heat dissapate. WRONG! It only rained for 5 minutes and then the sun rose back with a vengeance.

So I asked Benz and Meng to join me ride the Space shuttle. Neither budged as they didn't feel up to it. Thus I rushed to the queue and eagerly anticipated my turn. Luckily, Don and his group in queue. I then started to reminisce the super scary rollercoasters I've ridden in Magic Mountain (X, Goliath, Viper, Revolution, Riddler's Revenge, Batman) I knew that Space Shuttle didn't compare, but it was homegrown.

Amazing enough, I found it enjoyable. Only Don and I held our arms up throughout the ride. Too bad as it was too short, but definitely FUN!

Afterwards, we rented the ATV and went around the course for 2 laps. I enjoyed it so much, thus I figured that we will do the same in Boracay!

From there, we took a bit of rest and went to the Ferris Wheel. I have to admit that I was scared as hell since the Ferris wheel moved at a slow pace whilst climbing to the highest point of the area. Once atop, the view was simply amazing. We got to chat a bit and talk about our plans.

We then decided that it was time to get wet. But before that, I took another ride at the Space Shuttle and this time with Les. We were both fond of it and wanted to go back. However, it was time to get wet. Thus we went to the Rio Grande Rapids. It was fun and very drenching.

Benz and I went to ride the Flying Fiesta whilst Meng went to the changing room to dry up.

Afterwards, Benz and I were waiting in limbo for Meng. It donned us that she could already be headed towards the live bands. Our guess was right. Thus we went to the concert grounds and ran into her.

It was good that the restroom we went to was hardly being used. Thus I had the chance to take my time in changing. I did a bit of whore washing. Good thing that I brought the right stuff with me. Next we were off to snack, unfortunately it was all gone. So we went back to the lockers and deposited our things again. We followed Meng to the concert area and she gave us our snacks.

The last attraction that we rode was the Grand Carousel. At my age, I can still say that riding the carousel makes me feel like a kid.

We left back for Manila and looking back on how the day went, I'd say it was one ENCHANTING DAY! :) Thanks to Benz and Meng. And I Still have enought tickets for the fab four to go back. :)

***** ***** ***** *****

This kid is amazing. I'm seeing that Britain's Got Talent show actually filters people who are worth seeing on the telly.

Here's why.




« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2008 Daily Orange Thoughts
Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly and daemononline.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.