<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6536277?origin\x3dhttp://orange7624.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Commitment?

Commitment?


I was listening to my country manager having an oral discourse about being single.


He is British, gay, 13 years my senior and very much experienced with relationships. He mentioned that just as when he was getting used to a life of solitude, then this man came into his life. They tried to make things work, but everything was simply against the odds. Both of them had a career to look forward to. Thus they decided to wait and see who'd go with who. End result? Split. Obviously, they were trying to cheat time and chance itself, and it just wasn't happening.


So until recently, he came to a major realisation that he will be living a single life until his time comes. Going through relationships is such a pain that it begins to have no worth or value. I was actually on the same boat as he is. I similarly agree that relationships are for the selfless people. I can call myself as a career driven person. What happens afterwards will be all dependent to what fate dictates.


Then I got into a small talk with Beth. She made a comment on how I perceived relationships. It was a simple fact that I was dead scared of rejection. True. I am quite resilient enough when my work is being critisized. However, when it becomes an issue of personal commitment, I will be on the defensive. There. I openly admitted that I am enjoying my single blessedness and am scared of the impossibilities that relationships bring.


***** ***** ***** *****


EOD. Quite nice actually. Rain and more rain. Ew. Indeed it is the rainy season.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2008 Daily Orange Thoughts
Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly and daemononline.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.