<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6536277?origin\x3dhttp://orange7624.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

I Can't Make You Love Me

I Can't Make You Love Me
I was downloading some songs of Bonnie Raitt yesterday.

Then, I came across one track that was just too much to ignore. The song was I can't make you love me. Immediately, I had to look for the lyrics. Goodness! The words are somber and full of strong emotions; it emanates from someone who was rejected or was neglected.

It is true that one cannot force another person to accept and moreover, LOVE someone to whom the feeling isn't mutual. I'd think it has to be something that is reciprocated and shown. However, that is the ideal sense of love. In most cases, I can be more in love with you than him in love with me.

I guess what makes it last would be the element of trying to keep afloat and working things out.

Its just disheartening that sometimes, even if you try to muster to save the relationship, it just wasn't meant to be.

I've keyed the lyrics below PLUS Bonnie Raitt's live performance. Take note, the pianist is the ever famous Bruce Hornsby.

***** ***** ***** *****

Music: I Can't Make You Love Me
Artist: Bonnie Raitt
Album: Luck Of The Draw

Turn down the lights, turn down the bed
Turn down these voices inside my head
Lay down with me, tell me no lies
Just hold me close, don' patronize - don't patronize me

Chorus:
'cause I can't make you love me if you don't
You cant make your heart feel something it won't
Here in the dark, in these lonely hours
I will lay down my heart and I'll feel the power
But you won', no you won't
'cause I can' make you love me, if you don't

I'll close my eyes, then I won't see
The love you don't feel when you're holding me
Morning will come and I'll do what's right
Just give me till then to give up this fight
And I will give up this fight

Chorus


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2008 Daily Orange Thoughts
Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly and daemononline.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.