Some Music To Brighten Up The Mood
Some Music To Brighten Up The Mood
My last post has been quite the negative ranting so I felt obliged to neutralise things with the only force that can ease the pain and difficult times... MUSIC.
Yes, I've been listening to a couple of songs that have been quite enlightening and entertaining.
The first one was done by a Danish/Norwegian Group called Aqua. More popular for their single Barbie Girl. This one came of from the soundtrack of the movie Sliding Doors which starred Gwyneth Paltrow and her very famous short cropped coiff.
Music: Turn Back Time
Artist: Aqua
Album: Original soundtrack from the motion picture Sliding Doors
Give me time to reason,give me time to think it through
Passing through the season,where I cheated you
I will always have a cross to wear,
but the bolt reminds me I was there
So give me strength,to face this test tonight
If only I could turn back time
If only I had said what I still hide
If only I could turn back time
I would stay for the night
For the night...
Claim your right to science
Claim your right to see the truth
Though my pangs of conscience,
Will drill a hole in you
I seen it coming like a thief in the night,
I seen it coming from the flash of your light
So give me strength,to face this test tonight
If only I could turn back time
If only I had said what I still hide
If only I could turn back time..
I would stay for the night
The bolt reminds me I was there
the bolt reminds me I was there
If only I could turn back time
If only I had said what I still hide
If only I could turn back time
I would stay for the night
***********
The next one was sung by a famous French-Indonesian chantuese Anggun. The song reflects so much of how deep her culture is in faith, hope and love.
Music: Snow On The Sahara
Artist: Anggun
Album: Snow On The Sahara
Only tell me that you still want me here
When you wander off out there
To those hills of dust and hard winds that blow
In that dry white ocean alone
Lost out in the desertyou are lost out in the desert
But to stand with you in a ring of fire
I'll forget the days gone by
I'll protect your body and guard your soul
From mirages in your sight
Lost out in the desert
If your hopes scatter like the dust across your track
I'll be the moon that shines on your path
The sun may blind our eyes, I'll pray the skies above
For snow to fall on the Sahara
If that's the only place where you can leave your doubts
I'll hold you up and be your way out
And if we burn away, I'll pray the skies above
For snow to fall on the Sahara
Just a wish and I will cover your shoulders
With veils of silk and gold
When the shadows come and darken your heart
Leaving you with regrets so cold
Lost out in the desert
If your hopes scatter like the dust across your track
I'll be the moon that shines on your path
The sun may blind our eyes, I'll pray the skies above
For snow to fall on the Sahara
If that's the only place where you can leave your doubts
I'll hold you up and be your way out
And if we burn away, I'll pray the skies above
For snow to fall on the Sahara
***************
The last one is a Bob Marley original and the first time I heard it, I chose to ignore. However when the romantic comedy film Serendipity (starring Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack) used this as part of their soundtrack, it made me think twice. Good thing I had Annie Lennox's CD Medusa.
Music: Waiting In Vain
Artist: Annie Lennox
Album: Medusa/ Soundtrack from the film Serendipity
From the very first time I rest my eyes on you, boy
My heart said follow through
But I know now that I'm way down on your line
But the waiting feeling's fine
So don't treat me like a puppet on a string
'Cause I know how to do my thing
Don't talk to me as if you think I'm dumb
I wanna know when you're gonna come
See-
*I don't wanna wait in vain for your love
I don't wanna wait in vain for your love
I don't wanna wait in vain for your love
'Cause summer is here
And I'm still waiting there
Winter is hereI'm still waiting there
Like I said-
It's been three years since I'm knocking on your door
And still I can knock some more
Ooh, boy, ooh, boy, is it crazy? Look, I wanna know now
For I to knock some more
You see-
In life I know
That there is lots of grief
But your love is my relief
Tears in my eyes burn
Tears in my eyes burn
While I'm waitin'
While I'm waitin' for my turn
You see-(*Repeat)
Like I said-
I don't wanna, I don't wanna
I don't wanna, I don't wanna
I don't wanna wait in vain
I don't wanna, I don't wanna
I don't wanna, I don't wanna
I don't wanna wait in vain
It's been three years since I'm knocking on your door
And still I can knock some more
Ooh, boy, ooh, boy, is it crazy? Look, I wanna know now
Like I said-
Tears in my eyes burn
Tears in my eyes burn
While I'm waiting
While I'm waiting for my turn
You see-
Ooh, boy, ooh, boy, is it crazy? Look, I wanna know now
For I to knock some more
In life I know there is lots of grief
But your love is my relief
*****************
Last but not the least, a song by 3 Doors Down.
Music: Here Without You
Artist: 3 Doors Down
Album: Another 700 Miles
A hundred days had made me older
since the last time that I saw your pretty face
A thousand lights had made me colder
and I don't think I can look at this the same
But all the miles had separate
They disappear now when I'm dreaming of your face
I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight it's only you and me
The miles just keep rollin'
As the people either way to say hello
I've heard this life is overrated
But I hope that it gets better as we go
I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight girl it's only you and me
Everything I know,
And anywhere I go
It gets hard but it won't take away my love
And when the last one falls,
When it's all said and done
It get hard but it won't take away my love
I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight girl it's only you and me
My last post has been quite the negative ranting so I felt obliged to neutralise things with the only force that can ease the pain and difficult times... MUSIC.
Yes, I've been listening to a couple of songs that have been quite enlightening and entertaining.
The first one was done by a Danish/Norwegian Group called Aqua. More popular for their single Barbie Girl. This one came of from the soundtrack of the movie Sliding Doors which starred Gwyneth Paltrow and her very famous short cropped coiff.
Music: Turn Back Time
Artist: Aqua
Album: Original soundtrack from the motion picture Sliding Doors
Give me time to reason,give me time to think it through
Passing through the season,where I cheated you
I will always have a cross to wear,
but the bolt reminds me I was there
So give me strength,to face this test tonight
If only I could turn back time
If only I had said what I still hide
If only I could turn back time
I would stay for the night
For the night...
Claim your right to science
Claim your right to see the truth
Though my pangs of conscience,
Will drill a hole in you
I seen it coming like a thief in the night,
I seen it coming from the flash of your light
So give me strength,to face this test tonight
If only I could turn back time
If only I had said what I still hide
If only I could turn back time..
I would stay for the night
The bolt reminds me I was there
the bolt reminds me I was there
If only I could turn back time
If only I had said what I still hide
If only I could turn back time
I would stay for the night
***********
The next one was sung by a famous French-Indonesian chantuese Anggun. The song reflects so much of how deep her culture is in faith, hope and love.
Music: Snow On The Sahara
Artist: Anggun
Album: Snow On The Sahara
Only tell me that you still want me here
When you wander off out there
To those hills of dust and hard winds that blow
In that dry white ocean alone
Lost out in the desertyou are lost out in the desert
But to stand with you in a ring of fire
I'll forget the days gone by
I'll protect your body and guard your soul
From mirages in your sight
Lost out in the desert
If your hopes scatter like the dust across your track
I'll be the moon that shines on your path
The sun may blind our eyes, I'll pray the skies above
For snow to fall on the Sahara
If that's the only place where you can leave your doubts
I'll hold you up and be your way out
And if we burn away, I'll pray the skies above
For snow to fall on the Sahara
Just a wish and I will cover your shoulders
With veils of silk and gold
When the shadows come and darken your heart
Leaving you with regrets so cold
Lost out in the desert
If your hopes scatter like the dust across your track
I'll be the moon that shines on your path
The sun may blind our eyes, I'll pray the skies above
For snow to fall on the Sahara
If that's the only place where you can leave your doubts
I'll hold you up and be your way out
And if we burn away, I'll pray the skies above
For snow to fall on the Sahara
***************
The last one is a Bob Marley original and the first time I heard it, I chose to ignore. However when the romantic comedy film Serendipity (starring Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack) used this as part of their soundtrack, it made me think twice. Good thing I had Annie Lennox's CD Medusa.
Music: Waiting In Vain
Artist: Annie Lennox
Album: Medusa/ Soundtrack from the film Serendipity
From the very first time I rest my eyes on you, boy
My heart said follow through
But I know now that I'm way down on your line
But the waiting feeling's fine
So don't treat me like a puppet on a string
'Cause I know how to do my thing
Don't talk to me as if you think I'm dumb
I wanna know when you're gonna come
See-
*I don't wanna wait in vain for your love
I don't wanna wait in vain for your love
I don't wanna wait in vain for your love
'Cause summer is here
And I'm still waiting there
Winter is hereI'm still waiting there
Like I said-
It's been three years since I'm knocking on your door
And still I can knock some more
Ooh, boy, ooh, boy, is it crazy? Look, I wanna know now
For I to knock some more
You see-
In life I know
That there is lots of grief
But your love is my relief
Tears in my eyes burn
Tears in my eyes burn
While I'm waitin'
While I'm waitin' for my turn
You see-(*Repeat)
Like I said-
I don't wanna, I don't wanna
I don't wanna, I don't wanna
I don't wanna wait in vain
I don't wanna, I don't wanna
I don't wanna, I don't wanna
I don't wanna wait in vain
It's been three years since I'm knocking on your door
And still I can knock some more
Ooh, boy, ooh, boy, is it crazy? Look, I wanna know now
Like I said-
Tears in my eyes burn
Tears in my eyes burn
While I'm waiting
While I'm waiting for my turn
You see-
Ooh, boy, ooh, boy, is it crazy? Look, I wanna know now
For I to knock some more
In life I know there is lots of grief
But your love is my relief
*****************
Last but not the least, a song by 3 Doors Down.
Music: Here Without You
Artist: 3 Doors Down
Album: Another 700 Miles
A hundred days had made me older
since the last time that I saw your pretty face
A thousand lights had made me colder
and I don't think I can look at this the same
But all the miles had separate
They disappear now when I'm dreaming of your face
I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight it's only you and me
The miles just keep rollin'
As the people either way to say hello
I've heard this life is overrated
But I hope that it gets better as we go
I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight girl it's only you and me
Everything I know,
And anywhere I go
It gets hard but it won't take away my love
And when the last one falls,
When it's all said and done
It get hard but it won't take away my love
I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time
I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight girl it's only you and me


» Post a Comment