More Misery
More Misery
Just when things have hit almost rock bottom, another thud smashes your head like pulp.
Friday. I am broke. Right now, I have P41.50 to my name. P1000 in my ATM "savings" account. P0 in my payroll ATM. and the next pay day is on Wednesday. How in the world am I supposed to get through this weekend, especially that I'm supposed to attend a team building. I'm sick to my stomach about this vicious cycle. I am grategul to have a job that pays well. However, what I earn is not even enough to cover for all the household expenses that we have. My middle bro still doesn't have a job. My mum still doesn't have her pension due to a bigger financial problem. As much as I'd like to think that money is not what makes us alive, money is what makes this world go around.
Still, I know I should be thankful for a lot of things. On my way to work, the taxi I was in stopped at the intersection before our office building. On the pavement was a couple sleeping on makeshift beds using torn cardboard from boxes and slept as if nothing else mattered. I was feeling bad for myself on what miseries that I am going through right now. However, when I saw them, it came to me that have these people even eaten? If so, when was the last time they ate? What did they eat? Will they have something to feed them when they wake up? Will they even wake up the next day? How do they survive like that?
I am thankful for the blessings and challenges. I should just quit my whining as other people even have nothing to live for, and yet carry on to live to the next day and hope something better comes.
***********
Music: Life In Mono
Artist: Mono
Album: Original Soundtrack from the movie Great Expectations
Just when things have hit almost rock bottom, another thud smashes your head like pulp.
Friday. I am broke. Right now, I have P41.50 to my name. P1000 in my ATM "savings" account. P0 in my payroll ATM. and the next pay day is on Wednesday. How in the world am I supposed to get through this weekend, especially that I'm supposed to attend a team building. I'm sick to my stomach about this vicious cycle. I am grategul to have a job that pays well. However, what I earn is not even enough to cover for all the household expenses that we have. My middle bro still doesn't have a job. My mum still doesn't have her pension due to a bigger financial problem. As much as I'd like to think that money is not what makes us alive, money is what makes this world go around.
Still, I know I should be thankful for a lot of things. On my way to work, the taxi I was in stopped at the intersection before our office building. On the pavement was a couple sleeping on makeshift beds using torn cardboard from boxes and slept as if nothing else mattered. I was feeling bad for myself on what miseries that I am going through right now. However, when I saw them, it came to me that have these people even eaten? If so, when was the last time they ate? What did they eat? Will they have something to feed them when they wake up? Will they even wake up the next day? How do they survive like that?
I am thankful for the blessings and challenges. I should just quit my whining as other people even have nothing to live for, and yet carry on to live to the next day and hope something better comes.
***********
Music: Life In Mono
Artist: Mono
Album: Original Soundtrack from the movie Great Expectations


» Post a Comment