<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6536277?origin\x3dhttp://orange7624.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

A Song To Fight For The One You Love

A Song To Fight For The One You Love

Pat Benatar's We Belong was a song that I've always considered as song stuck in the 80s. Yet, when I listened to it recently, the lyrics struck me. It donned to me that this song is meant to fight in keeping the love alive. Cliche? Yes, but as always it is very true.

*************

I'm so looking forward for the weekend. I'm coming close to being flat broke and yet I still carry one spending unwisely. How very untimely to find things I would love to buy for myself or for gifts this Christmas. It is very unkind of fate to hold major SALE when you're flat broke or when you just bought something on regular price. HA! Anyway, this only means that I really need to save. If I intend to pay off all my debts in a timely fashion. Sometimes I wonder to myself on what I've gotten into. Life. You just have to hit the ball in whatever pitch it is thrown to your direction.

*************

Dad's 1st yr death anniversary is coming close. I have decided to take a day off to just reminisce his passing from the corporeal world. Wherever you are Dad, I hope you are happy. Pray for us that we make it through as a family in all our struggles. Keep watch over Mum in times I can't. Don't take her away. Not now. Not yet. I beg of you.

*************

If I am bound to meet someone who is meant for me, I hope that we're both ready to accept each other. I cannot go on playing the dating game. I have given up on it. I got no room to spare for hurt and anguish. But if it is the only way to make a relationship last, then so be it. If it is meant to be, it will happen no matter what the circumstances.

*************

Music: We Belong
Artist: Pat Benatar


Many times I've tried to tell you
Many times I've cried alone
Always I'm surprised how well you
Cut my feelings to the bone
Don't want to leave you really
I've invested too much time
To give you up that easy
To the doubts that complicate your mind

*Chorus

We belong to the light
We belong to the thunder
We belong to the sound of the words
We've both fallen under
Whatever we deny or embrace
For worse or for better
We belong, we belong
We belong together



Maybe its a sign of weakness
When I don't know what to say
Maybe I just wouldn't know
What to do with my strength anyway
Have we become a habit
Do we distort the facts
Now there's no looking forward
Now there's no turning back
When you say
*

Close your eyes and try to sleep now
Close your eyes and try to dream
Clear your mind and do your best
To try and wash the palette clean
We can't begin to know it
How much we really care
I hear your voice inside me
I see your face everywhere
Still you say
*
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2008 Daily Orange Thoughts
Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly and daemononline.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.