<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6536277?origin\x3dhttp://orange7624.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Readiness Level

Readiness Level

Have you ever asked yourself if you are ready to make a big change in your life?

I've asked myself that question too many times and end up with the same answer. YES. I am ready. Problem? I am LAZY. I am SCARED. I am UNSURE.

So, I turned down the job offer that I've been all attentive to and decided to stay on with where I am. Somehow, reflecting on this decision, I felt that it was the right thing to do. I feel bad that somehow I may have disappointed my friend who went all out to help me. But like I told her, there are things that I cannot rush when making very important decisions. If you're reading this, I'm sorry.

Another good friend and mentor told me yesterday that there are more underlying reasons on why you hesitated in taking the opportunity.

1. Readiness. Was I ready to leave the place where my happiness dwells?

2. Happiness. I am happy with where I am. Should I go to somewhere that I'm unsure if I'd find it?

3. Time. I need time in making decisions that affect my career path or even my life.

4. Obligations. It is difficult to move on from one organisation to another whilst being amidst financial obligations.

Moving on, I think it was good that this had happened to me. It gives me a better perspective on being more open to the possibilities that there will be decisions to made in the least amount of time.

I just hope opportunities don't stop there. I'm outta here.

*************

Music: All I Want

Artist: Susana Hoffs

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2008 Daily Orange Thoughts
Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly and daemononline.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.