Climbing the Corporate Ladder
Climbing the Corporate Ladder
Yesterday was a very gruelling day for me. After a very long shift, I headed to this company where I applied as an OM. It was cool enough that I was scheduled for the next round of interviews. However, it came to me as a surprise that I was going to take an assessment for FIVE blistering hours. Nope, it wasn't anything I expected at all. But hey, I'm no quitter. Since I was there, I just went ahead with it even if I know that I wasn't prepared.
After five hours of non-stop labour, I decided to just up and head home as my mind was reeling from all the intensive mental calesthenics. Then I was advised that I had a scheduled interview that same evening. It felt like I was about to snap, good thing that I had the conscious reaction of saying that I wouldn't be able to do a good interview tonight as I lack rest. The HR guy was set aback with my statement. I justified that it would be unfair on my end not to be mentally prepared and lack of sleep is a very poor excuse. Alas, he did see my point and bless him, he agreed to reschedule me this coming Monday.
*****************
EOW (End Of the Week). Saturday and we have no volleyball practise. Damn. My arse is getting bigger by the day and I have a gut the size of a pregnant woman. Fuck! I need to go back to the gym. I'll be signing up this week so I hope that I'd have enough funds to do so. I miss attending my gym classes and seeing my gym friends sashaying on the dance floor. Ha. Tough luck. I'll be having lunch out today with my Sunday group. CLYDE! WAKE UP! You're the only person we are waiting for!
We're going to watch The 40 Year Old Virgin. I've seen it in the US and it was a total blast. I knew that this movie was something I had to watch once more. Anyway, we're waiting for our model/friend to give us an update as we haven't heard from him if he's back from the grave or what. DRAMA!!!
Shit. I AM HUNGRY.
PS. Ivy dropped by the office today looking as if she never gave birth. DAMN! Now that's what I call genetics. Life is really unfair, so I'll be unfair to others as well. Take that!
Music: 80's compilation
Artist: Various Artists
**********************
Sad to say, we didn't get to watch the movie today. Got too caught up with work. However, we did do something different when I got frustrated that I wasn't able to focus on finishing my work. Meng ended up convincing us to go to Baywalk. It was a great change of scenery. I liked it a lot. It reminded me of Boston, only Manila Bay is a lot dirtier. Maybe we could go there again sometime and explore the nightlife it has to offer.
For now, I shall sleep. My bed calls for me.
Yesterday was a very gruelling day for me. After a very long shift, I headed to this company where I applied as an OM. It was cool enough that I was scheduled for the next round of interviews. However, it came to me as a surprise that I was going to take an assessment for FIVE blistering hours. Nope, it wasn't anything I expected at all. But hey, I'm no quitter. Since I was there, I just went ahead with it even if I know that I wasn't prepared.
After five hours of non-stop labour, I decided to just up and head home as my mind was reeling from all the intensive mental calesthenics. Then I was advised that I had a scheduled interview that same evening. It felt like I was about to snap, good thing that I had the conscious reaction of saying that I wouldn't be able to do a good interview tonight as I lack rest. The HR guy was set aback with my statement. I justified that it would be unfair on my end not to be mentally prepared and lack of sleep is a very poor excuse. Alas, he did see my point and bless him, he agreed to reschedule me this coming Monday.
*****************
EOW (End Of the Week). Saturday and we have no volleyball practise. Damn. My arse is getting bigger by the day and I have a gut the size of a pregnant woman. Fuck! I need to go back to the gym. I'll be signing up this week so I hope that I'd have enough funds to do so. I miss attending my gym classes and seeing my gym friends sashaying on the dance floor. Ha. Tough luck. I'll be having lunch out today with my Sunday group. CLYDE! WAKE UP! You're the only person we are waiting for!
We're going to watch The 40 Year Old Virgin. I've seen it in the US and it was a total blast. I knew that this movie was something I had to watch once more. Anyway, we're waiting for our model/friend to give us an update as we haven't heard from him if he's back from the grave or what. DRAMA!!!
Shit. I AM HUNGRY.
PS. Ivy dropped by the office today looking as if she never gave birth. DAMN! Now that's what I call genetics. Life is really unfair, so I'll be unfair to others as well. Take that!
Music: 80's compilation
Artist: Various Artists
**********************
Sad to say, we didn't get to watch the movie today. Got too caught up with work. However, we did do something different when I got frustrated that I wasn't able to focus on finishing my work. Meng ended up convincing us to go to Baywalk. It was a great change of scenery. I liked it a lot. It reminded me of Boston, only Manila Bay is a lot dirtier. Maybe we could go there again sometime and explore the nightlife it has to offer.
For now, I shall sleep. My bed calls for me.


» Post a Comment