Weekend Blues
Weekend Blues
Well, the company Christmas party is over. I didn't win any of the prizes, but I'm glad I was there as I got to see some of the peeps who are in the different teams in the company.
It was quite sad that a lot of my batchmates have already left for greener pastures or career shift. Others decided to start their own business, settle down or simply chose to be part of the mainstream population working during the daytime.
Like every year, I get to see a vast of new faces that I don't even know. Some I got to meet during the sportsfest (and made great connections). Some I met via common friends and some through corporate trainings. Indeed networking of friends is a great system.
********************
Anyway, I was glad that Meng, Benz and I checked in a hotel near the party venue. That saved us a lot of trouble of having to hail a cab, lack sleep and all the hassles. Orchid Gardens Suite was a very relaxing place amidst the noisy Manila spirit.
Surprisingly, it was very inexpensive yet comfortable and clean. Two most important words after the word afforable when it comes to accomodations. I will check in there probably if there's another party that would be nearby.
*********************
Little Miss Sunshine was the Sunday movie to see. I caught the film in Greenbelt 3 with Cher and Florence. Prior to that, we had a very filling dinner at Cafe Mediterrenean. Capped the dinner with their famous Mango Panacotta and got coffee at Starbucks (for the planner) (I miss Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf!!!).
We also got to witness the amazing fireworks display held every Sunday, 9pm @ Gb3 Park. There's something about fireworks that brings out happiness and that warm fuzzy feeling only the holidays bring.
I miss you daddy.
Anyway, the movie had a powerhouse cast. Toni Collette, Greg Kinnear, Steve Carell and the rest were a family composed of what society brands as losers. A father who is a speech motivator on winning that couldn't close a deal for book. A mother/wife who smokes secretly. A Grandfather that got booted from the Home for the Elders due to heroine addiction. A colourblind son who's taken the vow of silence and can never be a pilot, An uncle who is gay and suicidal. They're all outshined by a little girl whose sole desire was to become a beauty pageant queen.
The movie was filled with all sorts of emotion. It made you laugh and cry at the same time. Most of all, it hit home when it covered about the topic of family. I learned that no matter how dysfunctionaly a family can get, they will always be bound to each other regardless of the situation; that bond would be the most important link for us all.
Keeping it together is a major struggle, but we all make it through even we're physically apart with the help of our family's spiritual presence.
*********************
Music: Higher Love
Artisit: Steve Winwood
Well, the company Christmas party is over. I didn't win any of the prizes, but I'm glad I was there as I got to see some of the peeps who are in the different teams in the company.
It was quite sad that a lot of my batchmates have already left for greener pastures or career shift. Others decided to start their own business, settle down or simply chose to be part of the mainstream population working during the daytime.
Like every year, I get to see a vast of new faces that I don't even know. Some I got to meet during the sportsfest (and made great connections). Some I met via common friends and some through corporate trainings. Indeed networking of friends is a great system.
********************
Anyway, I was glad that Meng, Benz and I checked in a hotel near the party venue. That saved us a lot of trouble of having to hail a cab, lack sleep and all the hassles. Orchid Gardens Suite was a very relaxing place amidst the noisy Manila spirit.
Surprisingly, it was very inexpensive yet comfortable and clean. Two most important words after the word afforable when it comes to accomodations. I will check in there probably if there's another party that would be nearby.
*********************
Little Miss Sunshine was the Sunday movie to see. I caught the film in Greenbelt 3 with Cher and Florence. Prior to that, we had a very filling dinner at Cafe Mediterrenean. Capped the dinner with their famous Mango Panacotta and got coffee at Starbucks (for the planner) (I miss Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf!!!).
We also got to witness the amazing fireworks display held every Sunday, 9pm @ Gb3 Park. There's something about fireworks that brings out happiness and that warm fuzzy feeling only the holidays bring.
I miss you daddy.
Anyway, the movie had a powerhouse cast. Toni Collette, Greg Kinnear, Steve Carell and the rest were a family composed of what society brands as losers. A father who is a speech motivator on winning that couldn't close a deal for book. A mother/wife who smokes secretly. A Grandfather that got booted from the Home for the Elders due to heroine addiction. A colourblind son who's taken the vow of silence and can never be a pilot, An uncle who is gay and suicidal. They're all outshined by a little girl whose sole desire was to become a beauty pageant queen.
The movie was filled with all sorts of emotion. It made you laugh and cry at the same time. Most of all, it hit home when it covered about the topic of family. I learned that no matter how dysfunctionaly a family can get, they will always be bound to each other regardless of the situation; that bond would be the most important link for us all.
Keeping it together is a major struggle, but we all make it through even we're physically apart with the help of our family's spiritual presence.
*********************
Music: Higher Love
Artisit: Steve Winwood


» Post a Comment