Christmas: Season of Hope
Christmas: Season of Hope
Amidst the commercialism and overratedness of Christmas shopping, I've actually learned something very important.
People scurry through the malls and shopping places trying to buy trinkets and tokens for their friends, loved ones and even not so good friends. This act alone shows how much people value those around them. The people around us, who touch our lives with our daily dealings in life, enrich and make things more meaningful.
I realised all of this when I embarked on my holiday shopping 3 weeks ago. I'm glad I did. The feeling of fulfillment was just overwhelming.
***************
On the downside, this is also the time we see people who are less fortunate. They tap our windows, ring our doorbells or sing random carols hoping that our hearts open up to them little and share some blessings.
I'm glad that I was able to do a little charity work. Thanks to Benneth and Oi. I hope those who received the gift baskets would be able to use them. Honestly, I wish I could give more, but unlike most of the people I know, my budget isn't as bottomless as theirs. I know prayers would be a great supplement for the materials blessings, and that I will never forget to ask on their behalf from the man upstairs.
As for me, I'm thankful for all of the blessings. I just pray that all of my family's prayer be answered. Me, I can be the last of HIS priorities because I know there are other people in this world who need more of his help than mine.
Love: still looking for him. when? I don't know. If he comes, I hope I know that he's the one.
Career: I'm still happy. When another opportunity comes along, I will take it. :) Time to move on and get out of my comfort zone. (Thanks Meme)
Family: Don't even have a bf so that's out of the question.
Plans for 2007: I'll post that next week. hehehe.
To those whom I forgot to greet or send holiday cards to, my sincerest apologies. However, I'd give you all a great big Christmas HUG. :)
***************
Music: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Artist: Mariah Carey
Amidst the commercialism and overratedness of Christmas shopping, I've actually learned something very important.
People scurry through the malls and shopping places trying to buy trinkets and tokens for their friends, loved ones and even not so good friends. This act alone shows how much people value those around them. The people around us, who touch our lives with our daily dealings in life, enrich and make things more meaningful.
I realised all of this when I embarked on my holiday shopping 3 weeks ago. I'm glad I did. The feeling of fulfillment was just overwhelming.
***************
On the downside, this is also the time we see people who are less fortunate. They tap our windows, ring our doorbells or sing random carols hoping that our hearts open up to them little and share some blessings.
I'm glad that I was able to do a little charity work. Thanks to Benneth and Oi. I hope those who received the gift baskets would be able to use them. Honestly, I wish I could give more, but unlike most of the people I know, my budget isn't as bottomless as theirs. I know prayers would be a great supplement for the materials blessings, and that I will never forget to ask on their behalf from the man upstairs.
As for me, I'm thankful for all of the blessings. I just pray that all of my family's prayer be answered. Me, I can be the last of HIS priorities because I know there are other people in this world who need more of his help than mine.
Love: still looking for him. when? I don't know. If he comes, I hope I know that he's the one.
Career: I'm still happy. When another opportunity comes along, I will take it. :) Time to move on and get out of my comfort zone. (Thanks Meme)
Family: Don't even have a bf so that's out of the question.
Plans for 2007: I'll post that next week. hehehe.
To those whom I forgot to greet or send holiday cards to, my sincerest apologies. However, I'd give you all a great big Christmas HUG. :)
***************
Music: God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Artist: Mariah Carey


» Post a Comment