Poscripts from the edge
Postscripts From The Edge
Its a crazy world. Just when you begin to clearly see things, then bam! Something throws you off-balance and leaves you wondering whatever happened to my plans.
Our culture as Filipinos is set to being "segurista." We have this weird zealousness with insurance, pre-need plans and the like. Thus, we always complain about never being able to go around and see places. Thew western culture on the other hand, focuses more on the expression "Carpe Diem." Sieze they day... for tomorrow may never come. Notice how a lot of foreigners travel around with little to no money at all. I'd love to take that risk just to see places. Instead, I'm here working to ensure my future. The law of opportunity costs (paraphrased) states "You cannot have two things at the same time. You have to choose from one or the other." I feel that if I go on backpack tours, I'd learn more in life. Experience different cultures, and probably meet my partnes to be. That's a big probability.
*********
*sigh* Mr. Blonde is really such a nice guy to me. I don't know if he knows that he's my type. Too bad, he's straight and he has a gf (who is also extremely nice to me). If I'd chance a lad like him who'd reciprocate my feelings, I'm never, ever letting him go.
Gotta love 'em blondes.
Peace.
Music: Halcyon
Artiste: Chicane
Its a crazy world. Just when you begin to clearly see things, then bam! Something throws you off-balance and leaves you wondering whatever happened to my plans.
Our culture as Filipinos is set to being "segurista." We have this weird zealousness with insurance, pre-need plans and the like. Thus, we always complain about never being able to go around and see places. Thew western culture on the other hand, focuses more on the expression "Carpe Diem." Sieze they day... for tomorrow may never come. Notice how a lot of foreigners travel around with little to no money at all. I'd love to take that risk just to see places. Instead, I'm here working to ensure my future. The law of opportunity costs (paraphrased) states "You cannot have two things at the same time. You have to choose from one or the other." I feel that if I go on backpack tours, I'd learn more in life. Experience different cultures, and probably meet my partnes to be. That's a big probability.
*********
*sigh* Mr. Blonde is really such a nice guy to me. I don't know if he knows that he's my type. Too bad, he's straight and he has a gf (who is also extremely nice to me). If I'd chance a lad like him who'd reciprocate my feelings, I'm never, ever letting him go.
Gotta love 'em blondes.
Peace.
Music: Halcyon
Artiste: Chicane


» Post a Comment