Wanderer
...Take a look at me and tell me what you see
I need somebody to love me for me...
I recall that song getting a lot of airplay at 99.5RT when I was in college. It was a pop song that lingered whenever I felt I had acceptance issues. It was a good thing that in order to be popular in college, you had to do your own thing (deviant or just extraordinary).
**********
Last Wednesday, this guy I have been chatting with online asked if I wanted to meet up with him for breakfast. I was just surprised as I was never ever invited or asked out by a guy before. Normally, it was the other way around. This was a window of opportunity I could not let pass. So I said, "YES" without any hesitation. Let's just keep him under the name Z. His profile in G4M was pretty good. Although I never checked about his age, I realised it was no longer an issue. If I was looking to make this happen, I just had to drop my qualms and be happy. Besides, I needed a fresh face to see since I've been staring at my PC monitor for eons.
I met up with him at Tokyo Tokyo at Shangri-La. I figured since I was there, I might as well order since I was really starving. Then he showed up behind me. There he was, a fresh face showing nothing but innocence. I was taken aback and realised that people like him still exist in this world! Going back, so we ordered and stuff, then went to our spot att he 2nd level. As usual, we exchanged pleasantries and some basic personal details. He told me that he was 21. Suddenly, it hit me. Chris is 20 (I think) and this guy is 21. Whilst he was talking, I just stared at him with all gusto. I think he got a little conscious that he kept turning his head left or right.
Everything was pleasant. Our differences in opinions, likes and dislikes was very interesting. Towards the end of our brunch, I noticed that there was a stray shred of table napkin on his chin. I tried my best to show him where it was. Alas, I couldn't help it. I reached out and rubbed off the napkin from his chin. All of a sudden, I was slightly frozen. I didn't know if I should have done that or not. Honestly, I thought that it was very cute (as if we were going out as a couple). Well, I had to return to Earth. He said that his sister was there at the lobby to meet him. I was okay, but a bit disappointed that it was over. We shook hands (I didn't know if embracing him in public would be appropriate...plus the fact that we only just met). I broke off saying "I had a nice time." He went, "Me too. See you when I see you." I was still reeling from the whole experience.
This morning, I had breakfast with Benneth and told her all about Z and the brunch. I openly confessed that I liked Z. Then she asked, "Does he like you the same way as you like him?" It hit me like a bucket of ice water. I didn't know how he felt about me. Was it something that I should have asked? I was very dumb because I never paid attention to the signs, and if I did, I wouldn't know how to interpret them. I am now just confused.
Then I talked to Chris too and told him about it. I didn't know if it was the best thing to do. Eitherway, I went on with it. I like Chris. I think he likes me the same way as I like him. If it only that he was closer to me, things would have been much easier.
I'm spent. I'm off to sleep.
Music: Rythm is a Dancer
Artist: Snapp


» Post a Comment