Sulking as I turn a year older
I think that it is a common juncture that almost everyone goes through when their birthdays come about.
I have a lot of things to be grateful...things that I would have normally taken for granted had I not been in the dumps.
Yes, I am flat broke on my birthday. Without money, I feel so low and etiolated. Since I started working, I felt that money was my main source of happiness and strength. It was a very materialistic point of view.
It was only until now that I learned the importance of looking at the other blessings I have in life. My friends, my family, my health, my well-being, my career and the list goes on.
Anyway. I have all of those realisations in place. I think my head is right where it belongs. However, I have barely one more year till I turn 30. Still single. Should I start looking for Mr. Right? Last time I tried, I met self-absorbed and overzealous cretins. I have set high standards for myself and I feel that I deserve nothing less. My dear friends told me that I should have no expectations when dating, else I will always feel frustrated. I may agree, but not entirely. It is difficult to lower standards. I guess I could settle for the next best thing.
***************
My trip to the US is fast approaching. To date, I am still waiting for my loan to be approved. I hope that I get the full amount that I am requesting and nothing goes wrong. I would love to see my nephews (and a niece) again. Tim, Dan and Isabelle are such nice kids. Makes me wonder if I should ever have my own children. Maybe yes, maybe not. I am looking forward to seeing Ate Angie walk down the aisle, getting married and single no more. Happiness. I hope I do not get asked on when I am getting married. I would certainly just shut down and die.
Then, there is my eagerly anticipated visit to Boston and NH. Jim and Karen. My two most favourite people in MM. Jim who is a certified headturner and convivial character. He told me that he will have met meet his family. (MY GOD! Meet the parents!!!) Karen and all her brilliant humour that never fails to make me laugh. This trip to the northend is definitely a MUST DO.
Last stop is San Francisco. I am so anxious to see Chris and Therese's baby. I am also looking forward to see my booby Trina. We get to shop until we drop. I want new Kenneth Cole Boots!!! Shoes galore. KEM will be my hostess. That would be something extraordinaire.
It will be a short 12-day trip. Waste of money? Maybe. But as long as I get to travel and see the special people in my life, I will go that way.
Music: Una Noche Mas
Artist: Jennifer Lopez


» Post a Comment