<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6536277?origin\x3dhttp://orange7624.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

A Trip of Sorts

A Trip of Sorts

April 27, 2005

On my way home from Boracay, I was able to catch up with an old classmate in grade school. Along with him was an acquiantance who was quite the charming lad. Alan Ipac and Gene Lacson. I both met them at the Kalibo Airport whilst waiting for the go signal to board the plane.

Alas, flight is up. We're back in Manila. It was quite a riot as we jettied outside terminal 2 of the Centennial airport to get access to public transportation. Gene, being an Fil-Am and having grown up in the states was not so familiar on how to go around the city... he's been back here thrice now. Yet, he was very much enthralled of the mini adventure that we had on taking the bus all the way to Edsa and getting of at Pasay Road. We walked all the way to Hotel Dusit where he checked in.

It was amazing on how quickly he opened up to us. One minute we were talking about the things we've done at the beach. Next thing you know, we were talking about our own family lives. All of this happened in a short span of time. It was as if WE were all destined to meet at that point in time.

Alan is greatly involved in the family business of construction and insurance. Gene works in a medical laboratory for UCLA as someone who lays out images. I wasn't really particular about their stuff, but both of them were very open about what they do.

It was so amazing on how small our world can be. Imagine that I haven't seen Alan for ages and don't even know Gene. It must have been fate. Six degrees of separation is indeed a very factual concept.

With all of that had taken place, I recall Benneth saying on things to do when traveling. 1. Meet an old friend. 2. Meet and acquaintance. 3. Befriend a total stranger. Surprisingly, I've done all three! I am so ecstatic on having the chance to experience such a marvelous event.

Gene offered to show me around if I ever visit the US. I told him that I would certainl take him up on that offer. Alan and I would certainly meet up for coffee. Now that adds another person to visit when I go to the US. Gene, Myra, Chris, Therese, Karen L and of course, Jim.

This vacation was really very intimate and special to my heart. It had given me the chance to think, mourn, plan and hope. Now that I'm back, the most important thing is living all of these realisations...to ACT. Live all of my goals. Work very hard on achieving them one by one. Take bold new steps to start building the rest of my life. I am very much thankful for the life that's been given to me. Life has been very kind in opening the doors to all of these wonderful chances and opportunities.

I am very grateful for mum and Aunt Z for being very loving and understanding. I really love both of them. They both have enriched my life and made it more meaningful...worth living.

With the love of those around me, the love of the higher power, I am very sure that life will be much easier to bear and all the more precious.

P.S.

I would like to thank my few special friends who made this trip/vacation very very special. Meng, Benneth, Aileen, Ellie, Lee and Clyde. No group of friends could have made this trip more memorable and enjoyable. This only shows that we will be sticking together for a looooong time...very much longer than we think. =)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2008 Daily Orange Thoughts
Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly and daemononline.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.