<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6536277?origin\x3dhttp://orange7624.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Discussions on Homosexuality and Beyond

2005-01-19 21:08:45

Discussions on HomoSexuality

As I was talking to M, I got this message from him. He said that is was something he copied.

Looking through the context of this message, it is quite politically correct in essence. It was done in good taste and has no intentions of ever being malicious towards gay people. I quote what he told me.

"Homophobic means afraid of homosexuals. I am not afraid of homosexuals in the least. In fact, I find them quite harmless and ineffectual (Andrew Cunanan notwithstanding). Homophobic is not the correct word. I lack respect for male homosexuality. I have no problem with lesbians, but I cannot respect a male who desires to be anally penetrated by another man or to suck another male's genitals or anus.

The correct word would be "disgusted", not homophobic. Gay men are entitled to equal legal rights, but they are not entitled to being respected for their sexual practices.

Legally you may be equal, but in the eyes of most men a gay male will never be respected as a man - because he is not a man."

From this quote, I can say that the some straight people choose to be blind or look the other way whenever this topic is being discussed. Some would offer their opinions, regardless of how destructive it is. This commentary however, shows that there are some people who would choose and strive to understand every individual differences, and accept a person for who he is and not what he is. How one chooses to live his life is totally indepedent from how one should be respected. All of us deserves to be respected. Ultimately, it is on how we enjoin other people to respect us. I know that being gay gives us the advantage of having the best of both worlds, and as always it has been abused and misused.

In my honest opinion, what makes this world in a constant state of evolution is how it struggles to establish each person have is own spot.

To each his own...Live and Let Live. Nice catchy phrases, but surely if those were taken irresponsibly, this world would be in total chaos. Its a good thing that we are capable of rational thinking (from time to time).
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2008 Daily Orange Thoughts
Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly and daemononline.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.