Weddings, Disasters, and all that drama
2004-11-08 23:32:20 (GMT)
Weddings, Disasters, and all that drama
October 30 was THE DAY for my eldest brother. His wedding was eagerly anticipated by everyone on our family and friends. It was an overcast Saturday and the weather was hot and humid. Just perfect *insert sarcasm here* when you're about to wear one of the most uncomfortable pieces of clothing.
So, we went to the hotel and started to change. Pictorials went on like there was no tomorrow. I could definitely say that the photographers made sure they took a picture of everything.
Alas, the time came when we all had to go to the church and start with the ceremonies. It was a reunion of sorts. People whom I haven't seen in a long time were there. There were quite a number of faces that I don't know. Some were people I've seen before, but they surely changed in many ways as I had a hard time recognising them.
Anyway, the Church was astounding. The choir was moving and the couple was just beautiful. At some point during the ceremony, I was somewhat glassy eyed when the choir sang "The Prayer." I "hate" weddings...
From there we go to the reception. Everything wa jim dandy. Food was nice whilst the music was appropriate for the evening. Everyone seemed to enjoy the night, so I would say it was a success.
Funny thing though, I did not join the garter toss. I left the venue and went to my hotel room to watch TV.
Its pathetic when I can't find my comfort in telling people to NOT ASK ME WHEN I WILL GET MARRIED... For crying out loud! I am not getting married cause I am gay. Chances of same sex marriage is something I will not even consider. I just don't believe in Marriage. End of story.
Disaster...
So during the wedding reception, there were some blunders that took place. The emcees forgot to mention the name of one of the principal sponsors. They also failed to explain to the guests on the reason that there were no souvenirs. Mum actually suggested that I should've been the emcee for that evening... NOT! I would rather sit down and watch other people do it. I prefer to be the critique than being criticised.
Drama...
Two weeks after the wedding, my relatives went back to the US and all. Going back to our family's attention, Dad got confined to the hospital for a case on minor heart attack. I feel bad because I am not comfortable going to hospitals. I despise hospitals. I think that its a breeding ground for diseases and most of all, traumatising death take place there. Its just too much for me to bear.
Let's close it with some fun...
The pleasure of going out with Uncle T and Aunt B was just all mine. They were always nice to me when was in the US. It was just right that I be the same to them. They treat me with respect and see me as a matured individual whose opinion is validated, whether it be wrong or right.
Having lunch with them on two separate occasions was a delight. I think I still haven't lost my social skills.
Way to go!
Going back...I hope and pray that all will be well for my dad. Lord help us that we'd also be able to pay the bill...
Weddings, Disasters, and all that drama
October 30 was THE DAY for my eldest brother. His wedding was eagerly anticipated by everyone on our family and friends. It was an overcast Saturday and the weather was hot and humid. Just perfect *insert sarcasm here* when you're about to wear one of the most uncomfortable pieces of clothing.
So, we went to the hotel and started to change. Pictorials went on like there was no tomorrow. I could definitely say that the photographers made sure they took a picture of everything.
Alas, the time came when we all had to go to the church and start with the ceremonies. It was a reunion of sorts. People whom I haven't seen in a long time were there. There were quite a number of faces that I don't know. Some were people I've seen before, but they surely changed in many ways as I had a hard time recognising them.
Anyway, the Church was astounding. The choir was moving and the couple was just beautiful. At some point during the ceremony, I was somewhat glassy eyed when the choir sang "The Prayer." I "hate" weddings...
From there we go to the reception. Everything wa jim dandy. Food was nice whilst the music was appropriate for the evening. Everyone seemed to enjoy the night, so I would say it was a success.
Funny thing though, I did not join the garter toss. I left the venue and went to my hotel room to watch TV.
Its pathetic when I can't find my comfort in telling people to NOT ASK ME WHEN I WILL GET MARRIED... For crying out loud! I am not getting married cause I am gay. Chances of same sex marriage is something I will not even consider. I just don't believe in Marriage. End of story.
Disaster...
So during the wedding reception, there were some blunders that took place. The emcees forgot to mention the name of one of the principal sponsors. They also failed to explain to the guests on the reason that there were no souvenirs. Mum actually suggested that I should've been the emcee for that evening... NOT! I would rather sit down and watch other people do it. I prefer to be the critique than being criticised.
Drama...
Two weeks after the wedding, my relatives went back to the US and all. Going back to our family's attention, Dad got confined to the hospital for a case on minor heart attack. I feel bad because I am not comfortable going to hospitals. I despise hospitals. I think that its a breeding ground for diseases and most of all, traumatising death take place there. Its just too much for me to bear.
Let's close it with some fun...
The pleasure of going out with Uncle T and Aunt B was just all mine. They were always nice to me when was in the US. It was just right that I be the same to them. They treat me with respect and see me as a matured individual whose opinion is validated, whether it be wrong or right.
Having lunch with them on two separate occasions was a delight. I think I still haven't lost my social skills.
Way to go!
Going back...I hope and pray that all will be well for my dad. Lord help us that we'd also be able to pay the bill...


» Post a Comment