Bad Karma, Good Karma
2004-09-12 11:46:40 (GMT)
Bad Karma, Good Karma
Last Wednesday, I got probably the best news for my lovelife (or lack of having one) in years. Alas! Someone actually found me interesting and was looking to set up a morning coffee date. Upon realising that I have completely nothing to lose, I immediately said yes and worked on a good schedule to EB.
Friday AM. I was the eager beaver and all excited that I will be (at last) meeting someone, even if it was a blind date. The time and place has been set. The day cometh and I trod along to the gym since our rendezvous was at the lobby of the same building where I work out.
10am lobby of RS: NO SHOW! I have been ditched/stood up! I get an SMS from him saying that he's not feeling well, and that he stayed home. No apologies or whatsoever. I was completely furious and totally disappointed about it. I felt that I was ugly. Its a blow to my morale after having been out of the dating scene for years, this was what I got. A friend told me that its all part of it and I should get used to it. A gym buddy had a different opinion. She thought that relationships are a waste of time. I was just confused. But my friend is right, I cannot take it against a person if she or he is disinterested with me. I just have to understand that not everyone has the same likes and favourites.
Anyway, I just continued with my day as if nothing happened. Hopefully, I get that spark of interest from another searchee.
Sunday was a good Karma day! We won the volleyball game. I was able to play. I will have to admit that I did a number of errors that would've saved the effort, but at least I was able to do a couple of kills. Nailed them right in the face! This is just a great comeback for me. Things did get better. It is just nice that life need not be always on the downside.
Thanks to the higher power.
Bad Karma, Good Karma
Last Wednesday, I got probably the best news for my lovelife (or lack of having one) in years. Alas! Someone actually found me interesting and was looking to set up a morning coffee date. Upon realising that I have completely nothing to lose, I immediately said yes and worked on a good schedule to EB.
Friday AM. I was the eager beaver and all excited that I will be (at last) meeting someone, even if it was a blind date. The time and place has been set. The day cometh and I trod along to the gym since our rendezvous was at the lobby of the same building where I work out.
10am lobby of RS: NO SHOW! I have been ditched/stood up! I get an SMS from him saying that he's not feeling well, and that he stayed home. No apologies or whatsoever. I was completely furious and totally disappointed about it. I felt that I was ugly. Its a blow to my morale after having been out of the dating scene for years, this was what I got. A friend told me that its all part of it and I should get used to it. A gym buddy had a different opinion. She thought that relationships are a waste of time. I was just confused. But my friend is right, I cannot take it against a person if she or he is disinterested with me. I just have to understand that not everyone has the same likes and favourites.
Anyway, I just continued with my day as if nothing happened. Hopefully, I get that spark of interest from another searchee.
Sunday was a good Karma day! We won the volleyball game. I was able to play. I will have to admit that I did a number of errors that would've saved the effort, but at least I was able to do a couple of kills. Nailed them right in the face! This is just a great comeback for me. Things did get better. It is just nice that life need not be always on the downside.
Thanks to the higher power.


» Post a Comment