<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6536277?origin\x3dhttp://orange7624.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

A year of great heights and depths

2004-12-31 17:43:09 (GMT)

A Year of Great Heights and Depths

As the year draws to close, I recall everything that had taken place to make this year equally memorable as the others gone by.

I realised that I have come out of my shell. I've become more open in stepping out of my comfort zone. I have experienced the pain of losing a loved one. Tears of joy and tears of weariness. Melancholy and infinite sadness.

Then towards the end of this year, such a catastrophe took place in the South Asian Region. A tsunami wipes out tonnes of population. Nature has her way of telling man that she has control over everything, despite our modern technology.

I mourn with those who lost their loved ones in this tragedy. We can never bring back the lost lives. We can only move forward and carry on. For some, it is a pivotal point in their lives on whether to stop or push on to start anew.

This afternoon, when I went home. I felt sad. This year, dad is no longer here to spend the parting of 2004. It was the first time I burst into tears in my room since he passed away last Novembre. The hollow feeling was overwhelming, and I know now how it feels for my mum. The pain has heaving in my heart.

BUT ENOUGH OF THAT!!!

It is 2005 here in Manila. Feliz Año Nuevo!

I hope we all get what is best for us this 2005.


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2008 Daily Orange Thoughts
Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly and daemononline.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.