If Only
If Only
A lot of wonderful events took place this weekend. We had volleyball practise. Amazingly, I was able to play good. My mobility has definitely increased. The time I've spent in battling the bulge has actually started to pay off. I'm hoping to improve further and get back into shape. Of course, I won't be as good as I was since my body has begun to succumb to aging. Still, it would be great to slow it a little. :)
From there, I had lunch with a couple of co-workers. It was something I have hardly done in a long time, especially on a weekend. It was simply good to spend time with them with our normal office demeanours unguarded. Lunch was very much satisfying as the food and the company was great. The salad bar had stuff I've always like with my salad. Tofu, olives, greens and my favourite dressing - Mandarin Vinegrette. The main course was a grilled chicken wrap with basil pesto. It was a feel good meal, without the guilt. Being the sweeth tooth that I am, I had to have dessert. Surprisingly, their Devil's Foodcake was not that sweet, yet it was just as rich and sinful.
So with all the nourishment, I felt I had to burn it. So I went to the gym and did half an hour of treadmill and attended the budy jam class. It blasted the living daylights off of me. My legs felt like lead as I was walking to the bus station. Eitherway, I got home roughly around 7pm.
Finally, I got home and undressed to my fave lounge attire: boxer shorts and jersey crewneck. I switched on the telly and was bored to death by endless news about the rally for the president. (BAH!) Then I recall that a co-worker loaned me her DVD of Elektra. I popped it in the player and began to watch. It was so fucking boring that I actually slept through the first part. Mum hollered saying I should head off to bed as I was wasting electricity. Anyway, I decided to stick with watching. The movie was simply too dragging. No wonder my movie group never decided to watch it. It was a waste of money. The storyline was too shallow. For all of Jennifer G's moves, her acting was not given emphasis. Too bad.
*****************
Sunday.
I decided to pester Thina and meet up with her. It has been ages since I last saw her. She finally agreed after taking some convincing. After going to worship in the morning. I went to have lunch with meself at the foodcourt. Quite a change really. Meng texted and asked if I could join her for lunch. I just had mine, but I felt I could use some company. As always, we enjoyed our short yet stuffing lunch. From there, we parted ways. She went home as she still has work in the evening whilst I had an appointment with my hairstylist.
Snip snip snip. My hairstylist was asking when I was going to have my hair coloured. I figured, I haven't changed it since forever. I had it scheduled around end of the month or by a week before I fly off to the US. WICKED!!! He actually gave me an A+ for being at the salon every weekend. I just wish I got A+ when I was in college.
So, I went window shopping whilst walking to the rendezvous with Miss T. All the stuff I liked were on sale. Too bad, I was almost close to being broke. I had just paid all of the utility bills, laundry and more. I practically have just enough to get me to the next pay. Well, that's why they call it window shopping. :(
When T and I met, I was fitting on a iridescent blue long sleeves at Kenneth Cole. We then decided to hit the screen and grab dinner afterwards. We saw If Only which starred Jennifer Love Hewitt and Paul Nicholls. They had a great chemistry. I felt like I could almost relate. (REALITY CHECK!!! I AM STILL SINGLE!) Anyway,the film went on, but with a twist. Its not your average garden type love story movie. Someone actually died and it was both of them. Well, the first it was JLH and towards the end, it was PN.
Essence of the story? LOVE and appreciate someone whilst they are around. For when they are gone, they are gone forever. I actually felt sad and yet I knew I never failed to show my love for my family. I supposed I could be more open to them. Then, I was thinking about him. Not my dad. Him. No, not God. Him. Yes, Him. If I went to New York, would he show up? Will I be rejected? I figured, I should take this risk. I'm not getting any younger. If I keep on holding back, I'm pretty sure I'll be raising cats when I am in my rocking chair days. Yes, I will be letting my heart decide for once. Face the consequences, if there are any; just to say I have loved again. I know he will treat me right. If things don't turn out well, I'll drag myself back to Boston, and try to enjoy the remaining days with Jim and Kris. The fly off to SF. Honestly, I don't feel like going to SF anymore. I feel like being in the Northend was home. :(
After dinner, we had tea at CBTL. It was nice of Clyde to join us for dinner and tea. We went on being the typical critiques that we are. Ranted about our lives. Miss T went on about her very colourful lovelife. I was somewhat envious as she was getting what she wanted. Me, I played the role of a good listener.
As the evening came to a close, I know that it was going to be the start of another workweek. How exciting. ZZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzz.
Music: Spend The Night With You
Artist: Earth, Wind and Fire
A lot of wonderful events took place this weekend. We had volleyball practise. Amazingly, I was able to play good. My mobility has definitely increased. The time I've spent in battling the bulge has actually started to pay off. I'm hoping to improve further and get back into shape. Of course, I won't be as good as I was since my body has begun to succumb to aging. Still, it would be great to slow it a little. :)
From there, I had lunch with a couple of co-workers. It was something I have hardly done in a long time, especially on a weekend. It was simply good to spend time with them with our normal office demeanours unguarded. Lunch was very much satisfying as the food and the company was great. The salad bar had stuff I've always like with my salad. Tofu, olives, greens and my favourite dressing - Mandarin Vinegrette. The main course was a grilled chicken wrap with basil pesto. It was a feel good meal, without the guilt. Being the sweeth tooth that I am, I had to have dessert. Surprisingly, their Devil's Foodcake was not that sweet, yet it was just as rich and sinful.
So with all the nourishment, I felt I had to burn it. So I went to the gym and did half an hour of treadmill and attended the budy jam class. It blasted the living daylights off of me. My legs felt like lead as I was walking to the bus station. Eitherway, I got home roughly around 7pm.
Finally, I got home and undressed to my fave lounge attire: boxer shorts and jersey crewneck. I switched on the telly and was bored to death by endless news about the rally for the president. (BAH!) Then I recall that a co-worker loaned me her DVD of Elektra. I popped it in the player and began to watch. It was so fucking boring that I actually slept through the first part. Mum hollered saying I should head off to bed as I was wasting electricity. Anyway, I decided to stick with watching. The movie was simply too dragging. No wonder my movie group never decided to watch it. It was a waste of money. The storyline was too shallow. For all of Jennifer G's moves, her acting was not given emphasis. Too bad.
*****************
Sunday.
I decided to pester Thina and meet up with her. It has been ages since I last saw her. She finally agreed after taking some convincing. After going to worship in the morning. I went to have lunch with meself at the foodcourt. Quite a change really. Meng texted and asked if I could join her for lunch. I just had mine, but I felt I could use some company. As always, we enjoyed our short yet stuffing lunch. From there, we parted ways. She went home as she still has work in the evening whilst I had an appointment with my hairstylist.
Snip snip snip. My hairstylist was asking when I was going to have my hair coloured. I figured, I haven't changed it since forever. I had it scheduled around end of the month or by a week before I fly off to the US. WICKED!!! He actually gave me an A+ for being at the salon every weekend. I just wish I got A+ when I was in college.
So, I went window shopping whilst walking to the rendezvous with Miss T. All the stuff I liked were on sale. Too bad, I was almost close to being broke. I had just paid all of the utility bills, laundry and more. I practically have just enough to get me to the next pay. Well, that's why they call it window shopping. :(
When T and I met, I was fitting on a iridescent blue long sleeves at Kenneth Cole. We then decided to hit the screen and grab dinner afterwards. We saw If Only which starred Jennifer Love Hewitt and Paul Nicholls. They had a great chemistry. I felt like I could almost relate. (REALITY CHECK!!! I AM STILL SINGLE!) Anyway,the film went on, but with a twist. Its not your average garden type love story movie. Someone actually died and it was both of them. Well, the first it was JLH and towards the end, it was PN.
Essence of the story? LOVE and appreciate someone whilst they are around. For when they are gone, they are gone forever. I actually felt sad and yet I knew I never failed to show my love for my family. I supposed I could be more open to them. Then, I was thinking about him. Not my dad. Him. No, not God. Him. Yes, Him. If I went to New York, would he show up? Will I be rejected? I figured, I should take this risk. I'm not getting any younger. If I keep on holding back, I'm pretty sure I'll be raising cats when I am in my rocking chair days. Yes, I will be letting my heart decide for once. Face the consequences, if there are any; just to say I have loved again. I know he will treat me right. If things don't turn out well, I'll drag myself back to Boston, and try to enjoy the remaining days with Jim and Kris. The fly off to SF. Honestly, I don't feel like going to SF anymore. I feel like being in the Northend was home. :(
After dinner, we had tea at CBTL. It was nice of Clyde to join us for dinner and tea. We went on being the typical critiques that we are. Ranted about our lives. Miss T went on about her very colourful lovelife. I was somewhat envious as she was getting what she wanted. Me, I played the role of a good listener.
As the evening came to a close, I know that it was going to be the start of another workweek. How exciting. ZZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzz.
Music: Spend The Night With You
Artist: Earth, Wind and Fire


» Post a Comment