2004-03-02 09:10:34 (GMT)
A horrible start with wonderful realisations.
This week all began with an awful lot of challenges. They all could've been avoided had one simple click taken place. Of course, our IS team would refuse to admit their infallibility, but the truth is no one is infallible (including the pope). Anyway, I've decided to wait for the outcome of this. I just hope things turn out in my favour. If not, carry on with life with a knife stabbed on the chest.
I've decided that in order to survive, I must do the inevitable. I've approached my few close colleagues and asked if I could borrow money from them. Obviously, these are the hard times, thus I wasn't expecting much. Luckily, I got Frances (one of my closest buddies in IOS) and had a little extra. I am extremely thankful that she was able to loan me that much needed money. Now, its the hard part of trying to budget and live within the means of 2K. It will be a challenge, but I know I'll make it.
So, I have my insurance (3.3K) coming up. Two weeks of laundry bills (2K). Feb Association due (420). SCB CC Bill (3K). Restore my savings (4.5K) And of course, pay the (2K) loan to Frances. It all sums up to almost 15K. Will there be anything left to spend? I am crossing my fingers that there will be.
I could keep on cussing about all of these bullshit experience, but I should keep on moving. Dwelling and sulking on things will never have a positive outcome. There is still a lot to be thankful for. Life after all, is not just money. There are those special people who make things more bearable and almost fun. I'm pretty sure that life without such wonderful people surrounding me would be very tough. I can say that I could hold things together on my own, but my sanity will be challenged or even burned out even.
Looking at these things from a bigger perspective, this challenge turned out to be a blessing. Ah, a little sense of maturity at last.
*****************
Summer is officially here. I tried getting some sleep today, but it just got so hot and sticky. Damn. Here we go into the blazing sultriness of Summer. Enjoy it while it lasts!
A horrible start with wonderful realisations.
This week all began with an awful lot of challenges. They all could've been avoided had one simple click taken place. Of course, our IS team would refuse to admit their infallibility, but the truth is no one is infallible (including the pope). Anyway, I've decided to wait for the outcome of this. I just hope things turn out in my favour. If not, carry on with life with a knife stabbed on the chest.
I've decided that in order to survive, I must do the inevitable. I've approached my few close colleagues and asked if I could borrow money from them. Obviously, these are the hard times, thus I wasn't expecting much. Luckily, I got Frances (one of my closest buddies in IOS) and had a little extra. I am extremely thankful that she was able to loan me that much needed money. Now, its the hard part of trying to budget and live within the means of 2K. It will be a challenge, but I know I'll make it.
So, I have my insurance (3.3K) coming up. Two weeks of laundry bills (2K). Feb Association due (420). SCB CC Bill (3K). Restore my savings (4.5K) And of course, pay the (2K) loan to Frances. It all sums up to almost 15K. Will there be anything left to spend? I am crossing my fingers that there will be.
I could keep on cussing about all of these bullshit experience, but I should keep on moving. Dwelling and sulking on things will never have a positive outcome. There is still a lot to be thankful for. Life after all, is not just money. There are those special people who make things more bearable and almost fun. I'm pretty sure that life without such wonderful people surrounding me would be very tough. I can say that I could hold things together on my own, but my sanity will be challenged or even burned out even.
Looking at these things from a bigger perspective, this challenge turned out to be a blessing. Ah, a little sense of maturity at last.
*****************
Summer is officially here. I tried getting some sleep today, but it just got so hot and sticky. Damn. Here we go into the blazing sultriness of Summer. Enjoy it while it lasts!


» Post a Comment