<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6536277?origin\x3dhttp://orange7624.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

It's Over

It's Over

So yesterday, the vollleyball team had two last games for the sportsfest. It was disheartening to experience a default as we lacked one (1) girl to complete the team. It was nice of our Cap One friends to have agreed to wait for our player. However, the referees had other things on their minds. Thus, our first game was fortfieted yesterday. :(

This kinda opened the chance for us to just practise and enjoy. Our team managed to play good against Cap Onein the practise games. We probably had a chance to steal a set, but as I said, its over.

So instead, we had to focus on a happier side of things. It was Thet's birthday. Janice was so nice to have bought a cake for Thet (which reminds me, I have to give my share later). Whilst Les was on the bleachers talking to some of her friends, we were preparing the cake and candles. I'm glad though that she was surprised of the whole gig. :) Happy Birthday Thet!!! I hope you have a wonderful and healthy year ahead of you!

Afterwards, we prepared ourselves for the second game. Unfortunately, their team lacked another player. I'm telling you!!! It was a day of defaulted games!!! *sigh* It would've been better if people just played even if they knew they weren't going to the next round. Its the principle of it!!!

Anyway, so yesterday marked the last day my knee pads will be used. I'll probably have to wait for another year not unless we get to have a mini league. I hope we get to set up that one. Its a great way of destressing ourselves from work. At the same time, it helps keep us fit.


In the evening, we had dinner at Big Buddha in GB3. It was a perfectly simple dinner as I was hungry after all the games. We also set to see the film The Departed. It was funny because it made me reminisce my times in Boston. I MISS BOSTON!!! I'd love to be there again. The accent and all that...its just something I really miss.

We also had coffee at the usual spot...CBTL GB3. Benneth caught me exchanging smiles with another chap. I wanted to pursue a conversation, but he was with someone and I didn't want to risk any possible unecessary aggressive conversation.

Probably, next time I need to be more cheerful and less apprehensive.

*****************

Music: Can't Read Your Mind
Artist: King DK
Album: Hed Kandi Beach House 4 2005
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2008 Daily Orange Thoughts
Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly and daemononline.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.