OKAY...
Okay. This is my very first official post for 2010. It has taken almost 2 months to get this blog rolling again.
A lot of things had happened in the past year. Many were good. There were a few REALLY Bad things as well. Some even dragged on to this year, but I’m leaving them all behind. I’d love to move on this year and see what else I’ve been missing in my life.
I’ll be turning 3 with my current employer by July this year. From my recollection, on my 3rd year with Sykes, I was faced on whether I should stay or go. The same thing on the 5th year. However, when I was turning 7, (April 2007) the Boracay trip was my soul searching mode. That time helped me make a decision on the next steps to take in my life. June of the same year marked the end of my 7 year career in Sykes. Indeed, it was the 7 year itch.
And now, I am reaching that turning point with Manpower as well. In my 3 years with the company, I’ve moved to almost 10 different workstations, 3 buildings, 7 positions/roles with the same pay. The remuneration has stayed the same. Well, actually a 5% increase was given, but as I've computed things, it went lower than what I should've been getting.
More changes have come up. My line manager has decided to move on with his career, pre-emptimg my attempt to do the same. I figured, this only solidifies my plans of moving on. The tough part is when. So far, so good, I've managed to stick my foot at the foor of my new client. Whilst at it, I've managed to fuck up the project cost of one of my existing accounts. This only adds up to the list of things that is pulling me down.
As of now, I'm really thinking of moving out on my own. Seeing that I'm not exactly needed by my family, and have caused them nothing but sadness, I think that it is the best option.
Yeah, it may be sad, but its a lot better to keep your own sadness to yourself, than share it off to someone and pull them down with you. An irony to the song, no man is an island, but all of us were born in this world alone.
For now, I'm putting an end to this negative emotion and I'll leave it here. IF moving on means that I have to be strong enough in setting aside my personal feelings, then, perhaps it would be the direction that I should take.
Napakalungkot ng gabing ito para sabihan ako na we should go our own ways. If that is what you truly want, then I will go my own way.
A lot of things had happened in the past year. Many were good. There were a few REALLY Bad things as well. Some even dragged on to this year, but I’m leaving them all behind. I’d love to move on this year and see what else I’ve been missing in my life.
I’ll be turning 3 with my current employer by July this year. From my recollection, on my 3rd year with Sykes, I was faced on whether I should stay or go. The same thing on the 5th year. However, when I was turning 7, (April 2007) the Boracay trip was my soul searching mode. That time helped me make a decision on the next steps to take in my life. June of the same year marked the end of my 7 year career in Sykes. Indeed, it was the 7 year itch.
And now, I am reaching that turning point with Manpower as well. In my 3 years with the company, I’ve moved to almost 10 different workstations, 3 buildings, 7 positions/roles with the same pay. The remuneration has stayed the same. Well, actually a 5% increase was given, but as I've computed things, it went lower than what I should've been getting.
More changes have come up. My line manager has decided to move on with his career, pre-emptimg my attempt to do the same. I figured, this only solidifies my plans of moving on. The tough part is when. So far, so good, I've managed to stick my foot at the foor of my new client. Whilst at it, I've managed to fuck up the project cost of one of my existing accounts. This only adds up to the list of things that is pulling me down.
As of now, I'm really thinking of moving out on my own. Seeing that I'm not exactly needed by my family, and have caused them nothing but sadness, I think that it is the best option.
Yeah, it may be sad, but its a lot better to keep your own sadness to yourself, than share it off to someone and pull them down with you. An irony to the song, no man is an island, but all of us were born in this world alone.
For now, I'm putting an end to this negative emotion and I'll leave it here. IF moving on means that I have to be strong enough in setting aside my personal feelings, then, perhaps it would be the direction that I should take.
Napakalungkot ng gabing ito para sabihan ako na we should go our own ways. If that is what you truly want, then I will go my own way.


» Post a Comment