2004-03-21 16:43:50 (GMT)
50 First Dates
Sunday
It was a very fruitful Sunday. I met with Ghia and the rest of the original IOS team. Time has passed like the breeze on a gusty day. Things have gone by so quickly, yet to think it took years to have these memories in place.
We were reminiscing of the days when we all just started as new recruits for a now defunct account. All of us had
extremely different backgrounds, and yet we moulded into one. It was as if we were all destined to belong to one team, and then move on to our own paths. Life has very mysterious way of making people's paths cross and then taking them to different directions. I'm just glad to have met these people, and them as part of my life.
Our life though it has progressed, still remain intertwined and intact.
After all of the chatter over things gone by, I decided to meet up with Thina to catch a Sunday movie. We decided to watch 50 First Dates. I thought that it would be somewhat comical in nature. It was initially, but there was a sense of romanticism and real life experience in this film. It was not made to have an ideal happy ending. I could not imagine how hard it was for a guy to keep someone with short-term memory loss happy. Nevertheless, they ended up together, and it only proved that love made them conquer all the possible setbacks they will face.
The fact that having people surrounding you with all of their love and support, it was doubtless that one would feel isolated and unloved. I was somewhat envious of the character in the movie. There were people around her who were with her all the way, yet her illness prevented her from remembering who they are. Yet, love conquered all of their setback.
Love...totally unpredictable, and totally unstoppable.
50 First Dates
Sunday
It was a very fruitful Sunday. I met with Ghia and the rest of the original IOS team. Time has passed like the breeze on a gusty day. Things have gone by so quickly, yet to think it took years to have these memories in place.
We were reminiscing of the days when we all just started as new recruits for a now defunct account. All of us had
extremely different backgrounds, and yet we moulded into one. It was as if we were all destined to belong to one team, and then move on to our own paths. Life has very mysterious way of making people's paths cross and then taking them to different directions. I'm just glad to have met these people, and them as part of my life.
Our life though it has progressed, still remain intertwined and intact.
After all of the chatter over things gone by, I decided to meet up with Thina to catch a Sunday movie. We decided to watch 50 First Dates. I thought that it would be somewhat comical in nature. It was initially, but there was a sense of romanticism and real life experience in this film. It was not made to have an ideal happy ending. I could not imagine how hard it was for a guy to keep someone with short-term memory loss happy. Nevertheless, they ended up together, and it only proved that love made them conquer all the possible setbacks they will face.
The fact that having people surrounding you with all of their love and support, it was doubtless that one would feel isolated and unloved. I was somewhat envious of the character in the movie. There were people around her who were with her all the way, yet her illness prevented her from remembering who they are. Yet, love conquered all of their setback.
Love...totally unpredictable, and totally unstoppable.


» Post a Comment