<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6536277?origin\x3dhttp://orange7624.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

2004-04-13 08:46:57 (GMT)

Easter weekend

So, I have wrapped up my first week at OSM. Working throughout the holy week was a bore, but better than being in the sweltering heat outside.

Anyway, this particular Sunday is very special. Aside from the good Lord's resurrection, the films I've seen today are
somewhat totally reflective of what Society was, is and will be.

Seeing the documentary film, The Laramie Project, made me wonder how man makes himself his own enemy. The inability
to tolerate and accept another individual's alternative way of life has always led to disputes...even worse, death.

I think people fail to see that there are always two (2) sides to a coin. Both can be correct, and both can also be wrong. The important factor here is that we, as human beings should learn how to value the sanctity of life. Our Creator made sure that the world we live in was habitable. It was man that wrought the havoc and chaos. Still, no matter how different we all are, we are all human beings. Tolerance and Acceptance is our main goal in life.

The next movie was The Pianist. This movie showed how miracles can take place. Amidst the war and tyranny being
experienced, HOPE should always reign in our hearts. Learn to trust the Kindness of strangers. Cliché but true, Love
and acceptance of our differences will take us a long way.

As for the family, Mum, Dad and Kuya Mike had their conflicts last night. Dad feels that in order for Kuya Mike to learn living his life, he should move out. I am saddened like Mum because Kuya Mike feels like he's being treated like a peasant. I hope that he will be enlightened of the truth that we are his family, and that all we hope for is for his welfare. Obviously, he is old enough to live on his own. Perhaps, now is the time for this to happen.

Well, I gotta sleep. I'll be at the gym tomorrow morning.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2008 Daily Orange Thoughts
Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly and daemononline.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.