<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6536277?origin\x3dhttp://orange7624.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

2004-04-02 10:03:05 (GMT)

Going to the next phase

Today, marks the last day I will spend in the building I've come to love and despise altogether. Four (4) years have gone so quickly. It all seemed like yesetrday when I was starting out with Sykes. Time flies fast when you're having too much fun. It is now time to move on to the next level.

Honestly, I am scared of where this is all heading. I feel that I am charting a path that is bound to have a very predictable ending. I would love to embark on new challenges, but I fear the fact of having to take the risk, and get out of my comfort zone. What is there to look
forward to? Most of the colleagues I've worked with have gone their own ways, paving a new way for themselves. Determining the direction to go to in life can really be confusing. The excitement of entering a different phase brings out the life, and youthful exuberance in most
people. For me, I am afraid, and I have every reason to be.

Given the uncertainty of our times, playing safe definitely keeps you grounded. However, taking risks is a double-edged sword. You can hit the big time or be completely wiped out. Right now, I know I am playing safe with all of the things I do. I am not getting any younger, and if I intend to pursue higher goals, now is not the time to be short sighted. It is obvious that for every long-term goal, the hardships are more incredulous, but the rewards can be very promising.

I pray to the powers that be, and Higher Power to give me strength and wisdom in making sound decisions and judgements; courage to face the challenges, and resilience to accept the consequences.

For now, the flesh seeks rest. Good night.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2008 Daily Orange Thoughts
Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly and daemononline.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.